Apparently, March turned into April ten days ago. You’d never know it by how cold it’s been lately. It’s still below zero most days. Sigh.
Anyway, here’s what I was up to in March:
Kitchen is completely painted red! // Carrot cake pancakes were so good! recipe via smitten kitchen // More snow! It never ends. 😦 // First Seasonsbox – post here // My tweet was mentioned in Style at Home magazine! // Could not stop drinking this tea even though I’ve had it for months // Marvelled the retro checkout at the nearby Safeway // Became a bit obsessed with my mom’s issue of Redbook. I actually wanted to pick up my own copy. Great rebrand! // Sprinkles is sleeping and is adorable x // Green ombre-ish NOTD – post here// Discovered my favourite PBS Euro travel show host Rick Steves has a podcast // Shamrock plant! // What can I say? I love the snow? // Bunny! // Loved this memoir by Grace Coddington. Two thumbs up! // More Sprinkles x 2 //
What have you been up to this March? Follow me on instagram @Lesleylu and I’ll be sure to follow back! x
I’m so happy that March is finally here. Although we’re expected some snow today, it still feels like the end of winter is near. This weekend, I’m trying to get my receipts in order to do my taxes (ugh) and I’m going to watch some curling tonight.
Anyway, here’s what I was up to in February:
Started painting my kitchen Gumball Red! // Winterfell scarf complete! post here // Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cookies for brother’s birthday // Dogs sitting in the front seat makes me happy // Double chocolate cheesecake for my dad’s birthday – recipe here // Lovely sunset // Picked up entertainment unit from IKEA. Took 2 hours to put together! // Watched the 1914 film, Cinderella and became a bit obsessed with intertitles – post here. // Painting other side of the kitchen // Spaghetti squash bake kinda based on this recipe // These snow banks are ridiculous // Rereading Bridget Jones’s Diary // Glossybox cupcake cups – post here // Another lovely sunset
What have you been up to this February? I love following new instagrammers. Follow me on instagram @Lesleylu and I’ll be sure to follow back! x
I’ve started to paint my kitchen red. I’m loving how it’s looking so far. Such a relief considering how dark the colour is. It’s a bit scary to paint the first stripe. I can’t wait to show you!
Anyway, here’s what I was up to in January:
Coffee on New Year’s Day! // Mittens in progress. Now frogged because I don’t like how they turned out. The yarn is so pretty though. // Enjoying the gorgeous big blue Manitoba sky // Working on Missoni blanket again. It’s been over a year already! // First day back to class // Winter is coming scarf // Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Obsessed with this book. // Isn’t it cute that I thought -34C was cold when -44C was just around the corner? // I love my Travel & Leisure subscription but sometimes they’re rubbing it in. // Sprinkles! // Making scones // Treated parents to Creme Brulee French Toast. Recipe here. // Tea Cozy! Post here // Born to be Brad – Love this book! // Chevron NOTD // Sundogs!
What have you been up to this January? I love following new instagrammers. Follow me on instagram @Lesleylu and I’ll be sure to follow back! x
I hope you’ve all had a great week. My highlight was definitely seeing Les Mis in the theatre even though it left me feeling mopey for the rest of the night. No word of a lie, I was one step away from this:
Anyway, I’ve decided to retire Music Mondays mostly because the songs I loved at the moment didn’t always have videos and it just was becoming a bit of a chore. Instead, I’m going to arrange some of my favourites by monthly. I don’t about you but in January I’m always feeling very mellow and melancholy. I think it might have something with the cold. Seriously, it’s been -30C with the wind all week.
Hope you enjoy it!
How was your weekend? It was sooooo cold here. With the wind, it headed to about -34C or so. However, I was still able to get out for brunch with my friends on Saturday.
Funny enough, I haven’t been in the Christmas mood at all. Usually once we have some snow and it’s cold, I’m good to go. I’ve usually started baking as well. I just haven’t been all that excited about it. At least until I heard this song yesterday. It just made me so happy! It wasn’t the first holiday song I heard this year, but it’s the one that got me in the Christmas mood!
Now let’s get started on the gingerbread!
What did you get up to this weekend? What song puts you in the holiday spirit?
Well, they’ve forecasted that we’ll receive 20 cm of snow over the next day or so. It looks like it’s going to stay this time. 😦
To be honest, our city does such a fantastic job of clearing snow that I’ve only ever had two snow days in my life. Trust me, Winnipeggers get a lot of snow! However, if I don’t absolutely have to leave the house, I’d rather stay in until the roads are all clear and the sun is shining.
Here’s what I have prepared for the event of a snow in:
– Watching movies from the library: Why haven’t I ever thought of this before? I knew the library had DVDs but I didn’t realize how current the selection was. This is so great since I don’t have cable and there’s rental places around here anymore.
– Reading JK Rowling’s The Casual Vacancy: This month’s book club pick.
– Knitting my Winterfell scarf: Inspired by the patterns here and here. I’m such a Song of Ice and Fire geek I don’t even care.
– Studying Fairy Tales : presentation during Monday’s class!
How would you spend your day if you were snowed in?
How was your weekend? I have to admit that I have been marathoning Drop Dead Diva on Netflix – LOVE!
I can’t believe how much cooler the weather is lately. I’m kind of loving it. I’m also loving the fact that I took this week off. My holidays have finally arrived even though I’m not really going anywhere. lol However, I hope to get a lot of home decorating done. I think the painting will go by a lot faster when it’s 18C instead of 40C.
This week’s Music Monday comes from Shawn Desman. Everytime it comes on the radio, I start singing along and then it gets stuck in my head. It’s so catchy! Hooray for CanCon!
I don’t know about you but I really need a long weekend! I hope this gorgeous weather keeps up. It’s so unlike a typical April in Winnipeg and it’s very much appreciated!
Here’s what I’m up to this weekend:
1. Reading a ton! I’m still about halfway through A Feast of Crows but even though I’m neck deep in SOIAF obsession, I like to take breaks every once in awhile so I don’t read too fast. I think I need time to absorb them. Today I picked up this bunch at the library. Being able to reserve books online makes my life so much easier but still overwhelms me. Where to start?
2. Watching Emmerdale and crying My favourite character leaves tonight! I don’t think I’m emotionally ready to say goodbye. /nerd.
3. Starting a new baby blanket! I’m putting my blanket on hold to work on a baby blanket for my cousin Carl. The baby is due at the end of the month. What colour do you turn to when you want it to be neutral? I kind of hate the fact that we put so much emphasis on gender specific colours for babies. Try to find something for a newborn baby girl that isn’t pink or purple. I found this pattern on Ravelry. It’s a simple pattern but it appears so incredbly elegant. I have a feeling I’m going to have to be extra careful with tension with this one. I think it’ll show up very easily.
4. Making these:
How adorable are these chocolate covered strawberries? How clever! I love Pinterest!
It’s been awhile since I wrote one of these posts. Looks like it’s going to be a warmish cloudy weekend for us in Winnipeg. Perfect spring weather! It’s always nice when we get a bit of rain to clear up all the dust from the sand on the steets. Plus, we need it to make our spring flowers bloom! I love it when my parents’ tulips finally sprout up. So exciting to see that spring is actually on its way.
Here’s what I’m up to this weeked:
1. Finishing A Storm of Swords Usually when I’m this obsessed with a book series, I devour them. I’m just so scared of what’s coming down the pipe that I start to stall. George Martin has no qualms about killing off main characters and sometimes I don’ t want them to go!
2. Going to BINGO! This isn’t sad at all. Ha! I went a couple of weeks back for the first time since I was probably 5 and it was so much fun. It’s a really intense environment though and I think all that extra tension makes everything a lot more fun. Some people have 30 cards for one game! I was struggling with 4. Such a novice.
3. Back to the blanket I lost my stitch counter (not that I really need it at this point) and took a break from my Missoni inspired blanket. I need to get back on it because well, I want to use it! Plus, I have a cousin with a baby due in May so I’d like to get as much done on this before I have to stop for another blanket. This reminds me that I haven’t been on Ravelry in ages.
4. Listening to this
I’m completely obsessed with Plan B. His last album still gets a ton of airplay in my car. I consider every song on it flaw free. This is his latest single and I haven’t been able to get enough of it since it debuted. I love this song on so many levels and I think it provides an opportunity for a much needed discussion on poverty and disenfranchised youth.
5. Avoiding theOscars Going for a long, lucious walk. It’s spring (for now anyway) and it’s gorgeous outside!!