Top 10 Tuesday is a book meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Check them out and join us!
Here are the books I hoping to read this summer:
1. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton: It’s my book club book for last month but involves a garden & fairy tales. I’m so on board for this.
2. Honeymoon with my Brother by Franz Wizner: Also a real life book club pick. I love reading memoirs in the summer. The author’s fiancee calls off the wedding days before so he & his brother go on the honeymoon together and end up travelling around the world. Love the idea of that.
3. The Little Shadows by Marina Endicott: The story revolves around three sisters who are in vaudville.
[Photo Credit: Goodreads]
4. The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts: Nothing screams a summer read like Nora. It’s the second book in her latest series which is told from the perspective of three brothers as they restore the local inn to its former glory.
6. The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolano: See above.
7. Mrs. Tuesday’s Departure by Suzanne Anderson: I won this on Firstreads by Goodreads! Very exciting! It’s a historical fiction book set in WWII Germany. It’s always a thrill to read something by a writer you’ve never read before. You never know what you might discover.
8. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: I want to read before the film comes out.
9. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier: I’ve wanted to read this forever. I can’t believe I haven’t read it yet.
10. Through No Fault of My Own: A Girl’s Diary of Life on Summit Avenue in the Jazz Age by Coco Irvine: This was recommended by a friend through Goodreads. I didn’t even know you could do that. It’s now my new favourite function on Goodreads overtaking the barcode scan feature on the app.
Join me on Goodreads!
That’s it! I think I should remind myself to take a look back on September 1 to see what I accomplished from this list. Challenge accepted! What’s on your summer reading list?